The rain keeps tumbling down in Sydney. I had been thinking about crocheting a cushion cover but then I remembered a stash of patchwork pieces I recently found in my fabric stash.
I tried my hand at patchwork a few years ago. I don’t remember what I had been planning to make from these pieces, or what pattern I was aiming for. There were a few rows of joined patches and a whole lot of squares made up from triangle pieces. I played around with the pieces and strips for a while until I decided that a zig zag pattern would look nice on a cushion.
I noticed that one of the fabrics I had picked (the dark brown with red flowers) had a directional pattern which I hadn’t paid attention to when cutting pieces or sewing the strips. Some flowers go up/down and others left/right. Oh well. It adds to the homemade feel :)
I made a few more strips, joined them together, and then set them on top of a cushion to check that they almost reached the edge allowing room for a border.
Then I did a lot of ironing to try and get the patchwork flat, found some brown fabric for the border and back, and sewed it all together.